Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Lull Before the Lunacy

So now that I've gotten word out there and I know that there are a lot of you out there who are either interested in finding out what TWE is about and have been put on the mailing list, are going to actually try the project just to see if you like it or not, or have told me enthusiastically that you WILL do it, you all are probably wondering, "Well what happens next?"

You have 9 days before the preparation for TWE gets into full swing on the 20th.

Yes, 9 days of silence in the writing realm. 

Well not for me because... well never mind, that's a long story :P I will be working on finishing up the fine details for this project so it will all be ready for when it actually launches, and attempting to finish a story that isn't quite as short as I thought it would be.

Nine days to think about whether or not you really want to do this, to prepare yourself for the preparation that will take place a handful of days before Christmas, to do, well... probably anything but writing, considering that you'll be a slave to your characters and your wild ideas for the next 12 months.

Savor your last moments of sanity, because I can guarantee you that once the 20th hits, you will start to develop into a person who is the farthest thing from stable.

Your mind will begin to contort itself into that of a writer's.

Yes, I know, it's a very scary thought... but if you think what I just said is scary, just wait until 12:00AM on January 1st when you actually do go mad, when your characters start to take over and become a part of you by haunting your every thought, when you feel like you're living the plots that you're jotting down, when you actually experience the strange phenomenon of morphing into a writer.

For those of you who have never experienced this before, I truly pity you for you are missing out on something wonderful, despite the fact that I've probably horrified you out of your wits by giving you a hint of what you are in for.

And everyone who knows the exact feeling I am talking about, you're smiling deviously and whispering "Let's get this started." 

Personally, I can't wait for the lunacy to begin ;)

His,

Laura

2 comments:

Kyla Denae said...

YEA!! Hehe...I love that feeling. :D

Laura said...

Me too!!!

:D