Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Particulars of The Writing Endeavor

The fine details of this program will change from month to month, week to week, and maybe even day to day... I will explain them as they change in my blog posts. 

Okay, so I gave up on trying to avoid writing particulars, and have thought of a few things that I could probably clarify or at least explain a little more.

You can write in any way you want, whether it be that bulky, old and slow computer at the library, your grandparents' finicky computer, your sleek laptop, your portable word processor, or your trusty notebook, you get to chose!

For the assignments, you can do whichever ones you want! Do the ones that fit into your schedule so that you don't end up dropping your life to spend all your time on writing. Maybe chose just the word count (WC) goal for that month, then the next month write in the suggested genre, do both, if you don't have a lot of time, just do the daily/weekly challenges, or just the monthly challenges, or all of them, etc. Mix it up a little, get creative with how you schedule your own personal writing endeavor and let me know what you come up with! Keep track of which tasks (monthly, weekly, and daily) you do over the course of the year so you I know which ones people used the most!

Keep track of how many words you write and which assignments you do. I don't think I can stress that one enough. Hopefully I'll remember to email you all at the end of every week (saturday night probably) and you can tell me how many words you wrote that week so that I can add it to the growing word count on the main TWE site for everyone to see how much the endeavorists (ssshhh... yes, I know that isn't a real word but it sounds cool!) have written so far!

Let's see... what else could I write about on this post...

*wrinkles nose*

I can't think of any more particulars, so I think that's it! At least for now ;) I'm sure I'll come up with more by the time we really start preparing!

His,

Laura


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you want me to PM you every Friday night with my WC?

~CASSIE